July 14, 2020, 02:38:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Beginners' Section » Advice for Beginners » T2 settings on ploughed

Author Topic: T2 settings on ploughed  (Read 1342 times)

victor

T2 settings on ploughed
« on: December 10, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »
Hi guys I'm out tomorrow for the first time on ploughed fields for a few hours, as I've stated I'm a complete novice! I have been looking for settings on ploughed fields and came up with these I'm using t2 ltd, I'm going to try and use most of these setting is there any other settings I should use, should I forget about boost? any help would be appreciated cheers

Sensitivity              Discrimination                                        Tones                                         

80                                   0                                               (bp) boost program                     
                       75                                   85                                                         (dp)
                       80                                   2                                                           (pb)
                       70                                    5                                                2+ powerlines 
                       70                              15 - 40                                                             1                                           
                       90                                    40                                                              2+

Hoops McCann

Re: T2 settings on ploughed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:57 PM »
Not that I'd had much practice on ploughed land but you're probably best to choose whatever you normally use i.e. 60-70,10,2+ If it's rough ploughed you may want to use the 5 inch coil to get in between the ups and downs and with the benefit that this coil is a lot more stable than the stock coil so can be run a bit higher. Plus of course keep an eye out for surface finds especially non metallic stuff.