October 15, 2019, 11:22:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Buying and Selling » Detectors Wanted » Looking for a new metal detector

Author Topic: Looking for a new metal detector  (Read 3692 times)

techdoc

• Dig Attendee
  • Team XP DEUS
Looking for a new metal detector
« on: July 04, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »
Hi folks, am looking for a new machine from my trusty Coin Master Pro, and am leading towards "AKA Sorex Pro" or "XP Deus" as yet undecided or open to ideas... ;)
Nothing of interest so far...2016 there again not been out much...;)

grisza44

Re: Looking for a new metal detector
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »
Hi

I bought my new machine couple months ago and it was XP Deus with 11" coil.
I dont have too much experience yet but i really happy to choose this detector.
very light and fully wireless. simply in use on standard programms. now learning and testing advance settings.
last few digs found 3 silver coins (2x 6 pence and shiling) and 2x victorian nice broches (1x  silver, 1x copper with nice stone)
i think going well.

s60tty

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »
Techdoc, there is nothing wrong with your machine mate , you found a Robert the Bruce 1/2 penny with it  ;) 8) 8) 8)
The trust of the innocent is the liars most useful tool .

techdoc

• Dig Attendee
  • Team XP DEUS
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »
Techdoc, there is nothing wrong with your machine mate , you found a Robert the Bruce 1/2 penny with it  ;) 8) 8) 8)

lol thanks s60tty its a penny not a half penny as I thought! the halfpenny has only 2 stars on the back my one had 4 making it a penny, but still a great find and only one..  :P

Bounty Hunter

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
  • To find the past you have to loss the present.
    • Went and forgot ma probe.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 11:47:17 AM »
All right there Tech doc.
Have you ever considered the new Cscope Newforce R1. I bought one ,comes with two coils. I have been detecting since 1978.. I started off with a Cscope vlf that I got from santa lol. Well I used that for years and loved it. I then opted for a more modern machine about ten year ago now I think and I got the Garrett ace 250. That was also a great wee machine, ithen got a minelab quattro. That was a deep detector although I found I actually had more luck with my old ace 250.  At that time I was reading a lot Bounty hunters and Laser/Tesoros. I sold my quattro and bought a Laser Hawkeye and a Bounty hunter IV.  I had a great time with they two detectors, The wee bounty hunter was only 1oo quid and was well worth it ,found it to be very accurate and also had  good depth along with tone id etc. The laser hawkey was also very deep as deep as some of the top of the range minelabs. It was a great detector and I made some great finds with that as well although I was unfortunately digging a lot of iron with it. So I then done more research and read alot of good reviews about the minelab xterra. So I got one and loved it . Although I did notice I was finding a great deal of larger coins rather than smaller silver ones.   I was also hitting a lot of iron , again that is only to be expected. What I didnt like about the exterra range was the handles,  I detect all day and I found that after four hours the wrist starts to hurt because of the angle. I have read up on detetcors for years now and with more research I decided to try out the new Cscope r1. So far i have found loads with it including  tt recorded BA axe head, hammered silver , medievil belt pendant etc. It has everything except wireless,although the cable is fitted away up the back of your arm so you dont notice it. It has loads of programmable settings, pre installed programs, ground balance, auto ground balance, change as you go settings without stopping detecting, light and contrast adjustments for the display, background noise controls,pin point, even tone id settings in pin point mode .It honestly has loads and loads of different settings that I am still learning myself. You select the settings with the press button and  then turn the setting display graph up and down with the turning of the knob,so easy. It is also very quick and easy to set up with it s own memory recall for your last desired programme. You will not find a lot on it on You tube in English as cscope are doing really well in Russia and Eastern Europe ,so most of the you tube videos are in polish or russian. It has fantastic depth and is bang on ,you dont even have to pin point as the recovery speed is so quick.  It is also very very good on small to very small deep silver .Here is a youtube link for ye to have a wee look at it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmeLvNBm9ho . Just thought I would highlight you to a good british detector. I bought mine with the two coils for just 350.00 from stafford metal detectors. The sell new for about 500-600.All the best to you anyway and good luck what ever you go for.
BW Gerard.
When detecting always expect the unexpected, if in doubt, prepare to be disappointed, then dig it.If you don't know what a coin is chances are it's not that common and could be worth more than you think.Minelab X-Terra 70,Explorer XS.CSCOPE Newforce R1 ,X-Terra 30,Tesoro Hawkeye.Ace250,TrackerIV,GM4

techdoc

• Dig Attendee
  • Team XP DEUS
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 09:33:32 PM »
Bounty hunter, wow! thanks for the heads up on that information I will take all that on board mate the Cscope r1 looks like a cool peace of kit! I will certainly look out for this one..am still reading up on a lot of them there's a lot out there with pros and cons on each machine GPS and deeper pro models look good at the moment am still saving... :-\

Hope to see you at a future dig..

Cheers

Techdoc

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 08:49:16 PM »
What a review Bounty Hunter! I am almost tempted to got for an R1 myself now  ;D
Garrett AT Pro International
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Nokta RS Pinpointer

techdoc

• Dig Attendee
  • Team XP DEUS
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »
Hi

I bought my new machine couple months ago and it was XP Deus with 11" coil.
I dont have too much experience yet but i really happy to choose this detector.
very light and fully wireless. simply in use on standard programms. now learning and testing advance settings.
last few digs found 3 silver coins (2x 6 pence and shiling) and 2x victorian nice broches (1x  silver, 1x copper with nice stone)
i think going well.

Hi grisza44, I am now a proud owner of a xp deus and in learning mode!! I bought the same as you with the 11 coil and the larger head phones with remote control I was very tempted with ''Bounty Hunters'' excellent review on his model. But opted for the deus as it is very light!! I get back issues now and again so due to this I got it..there is also programs that can be updated and done manually which appealed to me..

Happy hunting

Techdoc :)

Chilgrove

• Dig Attendee
    • www.caltechlifts.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 10:35:05 PM »
The Deus is an excellent machine.  One point that I think is not clearly mentioned in the book is regarding turning the machine on.  I have the backphones but presumably the same principle applies with the larger phones you have.
When turning it on make sure you are well away from any metal such as cars etc.  Make sure phones are turned off.  Hold machine out in front of you about waist level and switch it on.  LED on coil will flash quickly.  Only lower the coil to the ground when the flashing reverts to the normal slow pulse.  (The fast pulse lasts only about 10 seconds).  Then turn on the headphones.  And off you go.  Happy hunting!
Howard
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:37:57 PM by Chilgrove »

xterra

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 10:47:24 PM »
I agree bounty hunter some of the top of the range detectors will not find u more stuff than the less priced ones I have had a copole detectors myself in my time & have got the v3i which is a good machine ( till I get it fixed  :( as it has loads of program's & to be honest I only use 2 of them good luck searching for a new detector tec doc

techdoc

• Dig Attendee
  • Team XP DEUS
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 08:23:27 AM »
Thanks for the info on the switching on process Chilgrove, I didn't see that in the manual there again I just sort of read parts of it quickly!!  ;)

Xterra, this is just a thought don't take it as legit! but have you checked the battery housing panel part at the control box this may have been disconnected leading to the connections being knocked off somewhat...within the battery compartment, leading to it not working while switching the unit on..  :)

JoeCovenantLamb

• Dig Attendee
  • "There's treasure everywhere!" - Calvin
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
Lovely wee Safari for sale here...   ;)