March 23, 2019, 01:57:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » Bummer of a day

Author Topic: Bummer of a day  (Read 2291 times)

reiver

• Dig Attendee
  • Etrac user
Bummer of a day
« on: March 04, 2010, 07:56:27 PM »
Been rushing to get a job completed the last few weeks,so that I would have a couple of days to detect before the next one.Got up full of hope this morning.Drove 8 miles to the site,just to find it under 3" of snow.Still undetered thought I'ld give it a go.Crap 4" of frost.It was solid >:( >:(.Walked about a mile,found an area that was'nt as bad and had a go.Three digs and a near broken instep later I had to call it a day.Hobbled back to the van with my two buttons and thruppenny bit,wondering to myself {global warming, my arse!!!!} :'(.
Beep Beep.What's it going to be this time.

chunky5211

Re: Bummer of a day
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:05:43 PM »
lol  :) :) :) it will get better soon  ;D ;D then everything gets planted :'( :'(

Neil

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 08:23:37 PM »
Days like this happen to all of us dude - you just got to stick at it.

The equation is:

Hours Spent X Good Land X Knowing Your Machine = Quality Finds!

Neil
There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

Always interested in buying Guineas, Sovereigns, Half Sovereigns and Crowns. Drop me a PM for a price please.

Briso

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
Yep I've been there too - went out about 3 weeks ago tried pasture, stubble & ploughed then gave up & went home. I've now decided if I cant get the spade in my lawn then I'm wasting my time  ;D. Last weekend the snow where I live had all gone so I went out to some land about 8 miles west to find it was still under 4 inches of snow ! Still I did then get the wee gold ring later on that morning on land nearer to home eh - weird eh

crepitis

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 11:04:49 AM »
Im recovering from a broken ankle and torn ligaments at the moment, which has helped me to be philosophical about the snow and hard ground..because there is no way I could walk over an uneven field let alone dig a hole  :D

However if I was "able bodied" Im sure I would be just as cheesed off as you guys, and praying for the spring weather to finally kick in. As it stands at the moment, according to my physiotherapist, it will be at least a month before I can contemplate footing a spade in any kind of ground conditions. :-\

So you lot will be out there well before I am.  :(
I'm looking forward to seeing your finds to help speed up my recovery  ;)

chunky5211

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 07:31:20 PM »
Not good creptis hope you get back to detecting soon m8  :) :) :)

crepitis

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
Thanks Chunky, the spring sunshine of the last couple of days has made me keener than ever to get back out again, hopefully not long now. ;)

Jif

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 03:44:13 PM »
Hoping to get out more now that the nights are getting brighter, trouble is now the fields are getting ploughed.
Hope the injury heals quickly Crepitis, nothing worse than having to chomp at the bit when everyone else can get out.