August 20, 2019, 04:28:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Buying and Selling » SWAP SHOP!! » Antique camera collector looking for swap for detector.

Author Topic: Antique camera collector looking for swap for detector.  (Read 2025 times)

smudge.g

Antique camera collector looking for swap for detector.
« on: January 16, 2015, 03:25:19 PM »
Hello,
i have been collecting (and using) antique cameras (both 35mm and medium format TLR) for a while but have become bitten by the detecting bug. currently have a Garret ace 150 but wondered if anyone would be interested in a swap of working vintage photographic equipment (such as mamiya TLR or possibly my Rolleiflex) for something like a Garret Euroace or similar?? (would even consider a larger coil than the stock 9inch)    a photo of my camera collection is attached, also have a large format enlarger that could be swapped.
yours hopefully!!
smudge

JoeCovenantLamb

• Dig Attendee
  • "There's treasure everywhere!" - Calvin
Re: Antique camera collector looking for swap for detector.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:36:16 PM »
Are the ones in the middle stereoscopic cameras??  :)

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 04:40:58 PM »
They are twin-lens reflex cameras, with two objective lenses of the same focal length.
 One of the lenses is the photographic objective , the other is used for the viewfinder system, which is usually viewed from above at waist level
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

Seagoon

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »
Blimey! They take me back! Sorry, I've nothing to swap, but I used to sell cameras for my Saturday/holiday job...not the bellows jobbies, obviously, but I used to load film in them.
 :) :) :)

smudge.g

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 03:28:49 PM »
The old cameras look and feel so much more solid than today's plastic monstrosities, and are mechanical works of art. This is particularly true of the twin lens cameras and the Rolleiflex was considered the rolls Royce of the medium format film cameras in the 40s and 50s. But metal detecting holds much more interest for me now, hence willing to trade or sell any of these for MD kit!

s60tty

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 04:39:16 PM »
Nice collection  8) 8), amazingly now the mobile phone can do all the same stuff & just aboot an eighth of the weight  :-\
The trust of the innocent is the liars most useful tool .

smudge.g

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »
But some of these are 100 years old, some 50-60, will a mobile still be functioning in that time from now!!!!

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 09:30:46 PM »
But some of these are 100 years old, some 50-60, will a mobile still be functioning in that time from now!!!!

And a mobile phone is nowhere near as nice to look at either . :)
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 10:56:16 PM »
Is there a cash amount?
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

smudge.g

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »
No worries- have upgraded now (sold old banger of a freelander) so no need for a swap!! nice Euroace to play with now!!