October 15, 2019, 08:12:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Beat the Doc - Identify your finds here » Any opinions on age of this item ?

Author Topic: Any opinions on age of this item ?  (Read 510 times)

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
Any opinions on age of this item ?
« on: January 28, 2015, 02:19:53 PM »
I was out with Acoustic for a session this morning, the weather was atrocious and we chucked it after an hour or so. We were on a new pasture field and the finds were few and far between. I found this item which I think is a handle of some sort ,  I originally thought it was some sort of horse gear, but not so sure now.

It has a round hole through the bottom part which would allow it to hinge, so I was thinking a handle of some sort.

Just not sure about age though. Im thinking Georgian or later, but would appreciate another opinion or two . ;)

[
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:33:40 PM by crepitis »
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
Re: Any opinions on age of this item ?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 02:27:30 PM »
Ha Ha !   :D  Its just occured to me that its probably a drawer handle ! D'oh, ::)   I was thinking from a pot or something  :P
"When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have him around. When I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
Mark Twain

swed49

• Dig Attendee
  • XP ORX
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 02:30:01 PM »
Yeah Bob,drawer handle.. Probs viccy

crepitis

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
  • Fisher F75 LTD DST .
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 02:32:36 PM »
Cheers Eddy, I dont know why it didnt occur to me sooner   :-[
Mark Twain