January 18, 2020, 06:28:59 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Beat the Doc - Identify your finds here » just a query

Author Topic: just a query  (Read 723 times)

tamhem1

• Rising Member
just a query
« on: March 06, 2015, 07:15:32 PM »
hi folks , had a couple of hours out today and turned up a couple of curios  , firstly an Edward 7th farthing that seems to have been folded  over  but has the letters R  TO F  stamped from top to bottom on the head side , I want to leave it as it is rather than open it. is this a  common thing.
secondly a little button hole  emblem with the number 1T 13  on the back probably just custom jewellery but would be interested to see if anyone has came across the  numbers on back and if they have any significance . once again crap photos and thanks for any help or opinions cheers tam.

tamhem1

• Rising Member
Re: just a query
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »
just sussed the farthing out , maybe ,  it has the A and K   letters stamped in front of the R  and F although there hard to make out due to the crease and there is a small hole between the A and R  ,  so if it was open it would read AR  TO KF    so iam thinking it was a love token of sorts worn round someones neck  with their initials  , it has been folded shut though  and I will leave it that way, the other button hole thing is coming up a nice silvery colour although no hallmarks only the numbers . cheers tam

P0k3Rman

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 08:55:06 PM »
...nice finds and I think you are correct with the love token. The other is probably a decorative stud for leather or cloth, most likely Victorian!

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:15:51 PM »
Good finds, well found.
45%, Cheated not defeated.