September 21, 2019, 12:46:35 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Buying and Selling » Accessories & Other Detecting-Related Stuff For Sale » GPS Photo Logger

Author Topic: GPS Photo Logger  (Read 1778 times)

The Chef

GPS Photo Logger
« on: February 10, 2011, 09:35:34 AM »
Hey where is the Metal Detecting Accessories section? come on admin get it sorted lol.

Hi All, I just thought I would post this up for any whot may be interested.
Maplin have a sale (when don't they ) and one of the items is the same GPS Photo logger that I use. For anyone who can't warrant the £70+ that a standard GPS will cost you or for those who find it a pain typing in the name of way points when its wet and muddy, then this could be what you have been looking for.
The important point is you must carry a camera, as this is the method of tagging the way points. The time on the device and that of the camera are synchronised so when you take a photo of your find and press the button on the unit, they are when downloaded to the computer tagged onto Google earth. The battery is rechargeable and lasts longer than you have to worry about for a days detecting.
I wish they had been this cheap when I bought mine.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/gps-travel-tracker-227620?ordercode=a41jf&c=email-newsletter&u=11p02-3-a41jf&t=607795&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=a41jf&utm_campaign=11p02-3

Hey Chef! I can't answer for admin but since I like my earphones LOL I'll put an accessories section on the forum, so nae winging ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:39:18 AM by Grant »