September 19, 2018, 07:58:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Problems or suggestions for the site » photo trouble

Author Topic: photo trouble  (Read 971 times)

woodwynd

• Dig Attendee
  • explorer se pro Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett Carrot
photo trouble
« on: March 19, 2016, 10:34:23 AM »
how many members can actually post photos, im having great difficlty and reading past posts im not the only one. there seems to be a lot of members that have been on the site for some time that would like to post photos of there finds and have them identified but cant so dont bother trying anymore.  :-[

i tried following the tutorial still no joy. who would like to post photos but cant. there must be some easy solution somewhere.

cheers alan. ;)
whenever i complained about an ailment growing up my mother used to say "if it's no yer erse it's yer elba" theres compassion for you! ;D ;D
silver race
2018 Alan 39 Norry 29 Sammy 7
2017 Alan 45  Norry 25
2016 Norry 33 Alan 30

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
Re: photo trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:30:27 AM »
There is!

Photobucket
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)

woodwynd

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 03:21:14 PM »
cheers grant will give it a bash.
whenever i complained about an ailment growing up my mother used to say "if it's no yer erse it's yer elba" theres compassion for you! ;D ;D
silver race
2017 Alan 45  Norry 25
2016 Norry 33 Alan 30

northernlite

• Etrac & SovereignXS
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 05:11:28 PM »
Yep, photobucket works a treat, just sign up, upload your pic, then copy the image link into your post,
"Just get over It"

Xcav80R

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 05:41:27 PM »
Yes photobucket ok, but why are some members allowed to attach photos directly via the attachments option so it is displayed on the gallery at the top showing pics of recent finds?

woodwynd

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 08:07:20 PM »
thankyou grant ;D

photobucket worked for me.

i didn't have the option under attachments either, maybe the site was updated and newer members didnt get that option.

anyhow i tried a couple of different ways to load photos now ive done it twice with photobucket, i only have to resize photos correctly and i will be a happy man.

cheers alan. ;)

silver race
2017 Alan 45  Norry 25
2016 Norry 33 Alan 30

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • Hola me LLamo Grant
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 07:02:55 AM »
Yes photobucket ok, but why are some members allowed to attach photos directly via the attachments option so it is displayed on the gallery at the top showing pics of recent finds?

The simple answer is I don't know as it stopped coming up as an option for some but some still could without any manual changes having been made.

In any case I'd always planned to remove it completely as it was too restrictive size wise and also the way photobucket projects them right into the post allows us to post descriptions in between each.
Oh look! another arsehole ;-) (people watching the professional beggars round central station)