October 22, 2018, 08:35:44 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Buying and Selling » Detectors for Sale » Minelab Safari now sold

Author Topic: Minelab Safari now sold  (Read 1014 times)

smooky

Minelab Safari now sold
« on: August 06, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »
Hi All

Got a Minelab Safari, Joan Allen Headphones and a battery charger with full set of rechargables for sale for £550 or £600 with a garrett pro pointer and holster thrown in. Due to work and kids I hardly use it and its such a good detector its a shame its just sitting around. Will add pics soon.

Stuart
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:30:24 PM by smooky »

Haggy

• Dig Attendee
  • Niall
Re: Minelab Safari
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 07:18:43 PM »
Am sorely tempted, going to check the piggy banks.
Where about are you?
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
2015 3 Silvers
2016 1 Silver watch case. 4 coins

smooky

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 08:02:57 PM »
Hi

Am in Dunbar but have transport.

Sinky

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »
Just to make everyone aware it looks like our friend smooky is selling this £400 machine a year on for £150 profit !!

http://www.detectingscotland.com/index.php?topic=13202.msg151938#msg151938

I don't mind people making a profit in any walk of life but seems excessive in my humble opinion  :)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:42:21 AM by Sinky »
2017 :-  Hammered x 10, Milled silver x 18, Roman Brooch x 1, Saxon stirrup mount x 1, silver thimble x 1

MarkRS

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 11:33:05 PM »
Who cares if he makes a profit?

I dont see the need for you to hijack his thread with your opinion, if you dont like it then ignore and it and  move on.

Theres no need to start beef Sinky.  :o

You Tube Channel - http://tinyurl.com/zup45c9

Sinky

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 12:01:46 AM »

I dont see the need for you to hijack his thread with your opinion, if you dont like it then ignore and it and  move on.

I'll stick up for a mate any day of the week and it was a mate that was showing an interest in the machine ........ I'm pretty sure you'd do the same for a mate !? and just for info I did PM smooky to give him the opportunity to have his say but received no response.
Wouldn't you feel ripped off buying something only to find out they bought it a year earlier for £150 less !?

As I said before I've no issue with anyone making a profit but felt this to be OTT.

You might not agree with my opinion but I have the right to express it none the less  ;)
2017 :-  Hammered x 10, Milled silver x 18, Roman Brooch x 1, Saxon stirrup mount x 1, silver thimble x 1

MarkRS

• Dig Attendee
  • Rising Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 12:41:15 AM »

I'll stick up for a mate any day of the week and it was a mate that was showing an interest in the machine ........ I'm pretty sure you'd do the same for a mate !? and just for info I did PM smooky to give him the opportunity to have his say but received no response.
Wouldn't you feel ripped off buying something only to find out they bought it a year earlier for £150 less !?

As I said before I've no issue with anyone making a profit but felt this to be OTT.

You might not agree with my opinion but I have the right to express it none the less  ;)

Personally I couldn't care less what someones paid previously to a purchase I make. If i dont think its worth it i wont pay it , End of. Not worrying how much profit said person has made.

I would do the same if it was my mate privately , But I wouldn't put anyone else off buying it.

But thats my opinion .
You Tube Channel - http://tinyurl.com/zup45c9

Sinky

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 12:51:44 AM »

Personally I couldn't care less what someones paid previously to a purchase I make. If i dont think its worth it i wont pay it , End of. Not worrying how much profit said person has made.

I would do the same if it was my mate privately , But I wouldn't put anyone else off buying it.

But thats my opinion .

If I wish to point out dealings or express an opinion then I will  ;D  it's an open forum and I'm not breaking any rules by doing either  ;)

AJS67

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 10:27:54 AM »
Well said Brian , I sold this machine last year for £400 and advertised it at a fair price to benefit a DS member , so I am also a bit miffed to see it up to £550 ??  (which is what I paid for it second hand over a year previously ) .. unless said rechargeable battery is the lithium upgrade and pointer included ... just my opinion .