September 25, 2017, 08:48:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Ye Old Digger Bar » General Non Detecting blethering » Photobucket, what's going on?

Author Topic: Photobucket, what's going on?  (Read 175 times)

Greusaich

• Rising Member
  • Professional new guy
Photobucket, what's going on?
« on: September 10, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »
So I've just noticed that I can no longer post third party ie here. What's happened? That want $399 dollers just so I can share my own images  ;D ;D ;D
Does anyone have any other photo host recommendations?

Tapdh liebh
Scott
Let the coil.....meet the soil!!!

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
Re: Photobucket, what's going on?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:42:05 PM »
I used Photobucket for years for all my photography but when it started to get really slow and unstable, I switched to Imgur.  I use Photoshop for resizing then upload the image to Imgur. It has a lot of options including one for posting to forums and noticeboards etc. I've been using it for two or three years now and it works fine.
Garrett AT Pro International
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Nokta RS Pinpointer

Greusaich

• Rising Member
  • Professional new guy
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »
Cheers hawkeye. Yeah I've used PB for at least 8 years and then I noticed pop up ads, slow to run etc etc, now this. I will set up an imgur account, thanks for that
Let the coil.....meet the soil!!!

b.buoy

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 07:32:43 PM »
I used Photobucket for years for all my photography but when it started to get really slow and unstable, I switched to Imgur.  I use Photoshop for resizing then upload the image to Imgur. It has a lot of options including one for posting to forums and noticeboards etc. I've been using it for two or three years now and it works fine.
Question please--How do I find the option list for posting to forums and noticeboards? and how do I use it once found.

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »
Once you have your images uploaded on Imgur, click on the one you want to post to the forum. It will open up as a single image and on the right hand side of the page, there is a full list of options. The one you want is BBC Code. Click the blue COPY box on the right. Go to the forum and to paste your picture hold down control then press V . The control panel is shown below.

Garrett AT Pro International
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Nokta RS Pinpointer

b.buoy

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 08:15:07 AM »
Perfect, many thanks.