October 23, 2017, 11:26:10 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Memory Lane » Rally Photos » Allanton - an improvement from my first dig at Abernethy

Author Topic: Allanton - an improvement from my first dig at Abernethy  (Read 171 times)

briser_fae_the_broch

Allanton - an improvement from my first dig at Abernethy
« on: October 09, 2017, 11:20:31 PM »
This is the power of the organised digs and listening to good advice!  2nd time out and a noticable improvement from the bucket of Iron lumps I got first time 2 weeks ago.  As per suggestion (Spectra?) used "Custom" mode and blanked out first 3 ferrous and dropped sensitivity down 3 notches, mostly smaller finds and not all iron either.

Nothing of any value but apart from the usual nails, my first 4-hole button  ;D ("Edinburgh" around the side), half of a ring, a penknife, a dress weight, a lightbulb fitting, a Drawer knob (again), a "Siltona" spoon handle, half of a small musket ball, a strange flat arrowhead-shaped object, a lead "elephants trunk" and a few unknowns in various metals.

Hopefully next time, a coin with a face and date on it (surely it's not too much to ask?).

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:23:23 PM by briser_fae_the_broch »
You dig?

maxwell8tre

• Deputy Admin
  • Exalted Poster
    • Diggin' Scotland's Past finds blog
Re: Allanton - an improvement from my first dig at Abernethy
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:39:03 PM »
You were unlucky not to walk over a coin, if you're getting those wee bits though, coins won't be far away!
GCC

CTX3030

Maggie

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:35:14 AM »
I've only be detecting for a few months myself and get excited when I did up anything vaguely coin shaped.  Your wee button will be the start of a vast collection!
This digging malarkey is so addictive . 

Uncle Bob

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:38:22 AM »
Your enthusiasm is obvious - just keep going. You'll keep learning and you'll keep finding. It just happens!

All the best,

Bob.

hawkeye

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 03:19:30 PM »
All good practice targets for learning the tones and signals of your machine. If you're finding small pieces of junk, you're not missing much and one day soon you'll hit something decent. It's all part of the fun of detecting!
Garrett AT Pro International
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Nokta RS Pinpointer