October 23, 2017, 11:25:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Detecting Discussions » Beach Detecting » Loch beaches

Author Topic: Loch beaches  (Read 297 times)

Tonyj

Loch beaches
« on: October 10, 2017, 11:25:06 PM »
Hi everyone, I’m very new to all this and was wondering what are the laws about detecting on Beaches at Lochs?

Cheers,

Tony.

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
45%, Cheated not defeated.

Tonyj

Re: Loch beaches
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:56:21 AM »
Hi Budge1, many thanks for the link. It mentions coastal more than anything, but after reading through the third time I’m pretty sure that they are much the same.

Tony

budge1

• Dig Attendee
  • Exalted Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 08:30:21 PM »
No problems Tony, sorry but don't know about lochs but would think you would need permission from landowners.
45%, Cheated not defeated.

Sword@Sceptre

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 09:00:49 PM »

If we are talking of sea lochs that are tidal, I would think you could detect under crown commission , just as you can shoot under this law, below the high water mark.  For inland lochs permission would be required from the landowner who's land runs to the loch edge, or the owner of the loch, if the loch produced beach as the water level fell.

Bill

Sam

• Dig Attendee
  • Team Minelab!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 10:25:18 PM »
Hi TonyJ, I'd agree that you'd definitely have to speak to the land owner. Explain to them how much rubbish you'd be removing, you're doing them a favour in a way. Good luck🙂
🍺 🍔

Tonyj

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 06:09:53 AM »
Cheers everyone, all the comments makes sense, it has been an idea I have had for a while, as like beaches at the sea, people do go to them for a swim, pick nicks  and fishing, so you never know!

Cheers,

Tony.

Caberfeidh

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »
If you mean freshwater lochs, then that is private land and you would have to ask the land owner for permission. However, if you promise to remove any and all rubbish, old tangles of fishing line, beer cans, etc. in return for permission to detect there, then the land owner may very well appreciate your efforts and be happy to have you there. Good luck.

rorycrawford

• Dig Attendee
  • Eurotek pro, Makro Racer, Rutus Alter 71
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 11:00:38 PM »
I wondered this myself, and where i was looking at going is forestry commission land. From what i have heard the forestry commission dont like detectorists. Booo!
Family
duty
honour