July 21, 2018, 08:19:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Forum Announcements and News » Forum News » Anyone think it’s worth restarting digs?

Author Topic: Anyone think it’s worth restarting digs?  (Read 1991 times)

Belso

• Dig Attendee
Re: Anyone think it’s worth restarting digs?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »
I`ll be digging on my own a long time before I ever use facebook. Pile of shite.

Spot on, pile O crap  ;D
White's xlt
Garrett pro pointer

rorycrawford

• Dig Attendee
  • Eurotek pro, Makro Racer, Rutus Alter 71
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2018, 12:24:55 PM »
I apologise for trying to help  ::)
Family
duty
honour

jimmytyres

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2018, 10:55:54 PM »
What has happened to DS I thought this was the club that could bring like minded  people  together  to do something we all enjoy and share finds and stories together I love getting out into the countryside and to detect is a bonus and I am sure it's the same for us all on our permissions but we are supposed  to be a club that's United in our interests so let's get interested and get together to bring Detecting  Scotland  back from the brink PLEASE

puddock

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »
What has happened to DS I thought this was the club that could bring like minded  people  together  to do something we all enjoy and share finds and stories together I love getting out into the countryside and to detect is a bonus and I am sure it's the same for us all on our permissions but we are supposed  to be a club that's United in our interests so let's get interested and get together to bring Detecting  Scotland  back from the brink PLEASE
Well said!  ;)

And I wouldn’t touch Facebook with a shitty stick either!  ::)

rorycrawford

• Dig Attendee
  • Eurotek pro, Makro Racer, Rutus Alter 71
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2018, 07:43:46 AM »
Aye well thats me done. If im getting snarky comments for trying to help im done. Delete or lock my profile please
Family
duty
honour

highlander1v

• XP deus
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »
I`ll be digging on my own a long time before I ever use facebook. Pile of shite.

I also do not like facebook and won't be involved in it if I can help it but I kind of understand where Rory is coming from.
If you want to keep things about the group strictly within the group then facebook is very handy, whereas an open forum such as this site is totally transparent and anyone and everyone can see whats going on and who's saying what and where.
Facebook allows groups to conduct their business covertly without anyone they don't want knowing finding out anything.
As for the return of digs, we would be happy if they did return, unfortunately, we only got to a few before the split happened.
XP Deus
Minelab Safari 
Makro Pointer
Evolution Extreme
Custom Fiskars Spade

Dirt digger

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 01:10:26 PM »
It's been 2 months since the original post of brining back DS digs and it would appear that there are a few people interested in having one, including myself (as Uncle Bob said the more the merrier). So Grant are we any closer to getting one orginised, as you were the person that started the thread?

Grant

• Administrator
  • Darth Poster
  • DS the site that keeps you digging ALL YEAR!!
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »
It's been 2 months since the original post of brining back DS digs and it would appear that there are a few people interested in having one, including myself (as Uncle Bob said the more the merrier). So Grant are we any closer to getting one orginised, as you were the person that started the thread?

Sorry mate been busy with the wedding and all that stuff, got back from honeymoon last night so I’m looking at Sunday 29th of July buddy. Might be doing burgers at lunchtime if the forecast is right as I got a BBQ!  :D

I’ll put the relevant info in the relevant section tonight
GCC

Ctx 3030

Collector of shillings and Militaria

Stephen

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 09:00:28 AM »
I'm up for that.

Stephen

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 09:05:21 AM »
P.S. Congratulations  !!!

Dirt digger

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2018, 09:25:39 AM »
Congratulations on getting married mate. That's good about getting a dig orginised, hopefully it'll rain a few times between now and then (overnight that is) to soften the ground up a bit.

Bruno

• Dig Attendee
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2018, 10:40:32 AM »
Hi grant
It's time now to bring the digs back if you can get good ground I will be there 😁