August 16, 2018, 05:00:39 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

DetectingScotland.com - Metal Detecting in Scotland, UK » Forum » Metal Detectors » Garrett » Gtax550 problem

Author Topic: Gtax550 problem  (Read 99 times)

callumcook

Gtax550 problem
« on: August 09, 2018, 07:47:29 PM »
Hi all
I’m wondering if anyone can help me.ive a Garrett gtax 550 detector which has worked flawlessly since I purchased it a few years ago.I went to use it earlier today and it worked fine for around 20 minutes,and then all of a sudden it started showing 1 bar battery,even with new batteries installed,and it’s not responding with the top buttons at all(discrimination,depth etc) but it’s okay with the rest,plus it’s now not giving a signal to any type of metal what so ever.Ive tried resetting it,changed the batteries for new ones,twice and it’s still the same.
Has anyone any ideas
Kind regards
Callum

JoeCovenantLamb

• Dig Attendee
  • "There's treasure everywhere!" - Calvin
Re: Gtax550 problem
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 08:08:07 AM »
Sounds like something a dealer would have to have a look at to be able to repair.

jagsteve

• Dig Attendee
  • CTX-3030
Re: Gtax550 problem
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 08:48:09 PM »
Sounds like moisture got in it maybe? Remove the casing around the control box and let it dry out someplace warm for a day or two. If that doesn't help, google "pentechnic" for his repair service.
Good luck.
I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself..